Sunday, September 19, 2010

Discussion Questions

1.) I don't think professional production values will continue to drop over time.  I think there will always be a want for the amateur user-generated content but I think that will be along side professional production values. Using amateurish or "homegrown" television shows, or advertisements will cut out a lot of jobs in the television industry. When reality t.v started to come out there was big backlash because it was cutting down on jobs. Just like we still see reality t.v. today I think we will also continue to see these amateur user-generated things. I also do think that eventually they will get better over time.

2.) The social media sites that I find myself using the most are Facebook. I think I use this site the most because it is a way to stay in touch with friends. I find using Facebook as a way to stay in contact a lot easier than texting or talking on the phone. It is also a more constant source. Another reason why I use Facebook the most is because it is a way to store and view pictures. Pictures can be posted on Facebook by friends and I can save and download it to my iPhoto to save them on my computer.

I think Facebook has been a lot more successful than MySpace because I find it to be an easier site to use. When MySpace came out it was the newest and best thing. When Facebook was developed that became the new craze and everyone soon had it. Nothing has been created after Facebook to make that the new "must have" social media site.

I do think Facebook is "here to stay" for the long term. Very rarely do you meet someone who does not have a Facebook. At first it was popular with college kids. Now all different age groups have one. My sister got one when she was a sophomore in high school. My mom also has one as a way to stay in contact with her friends from grade school and high school. Another way she uses it as a free advertisement for her real estate business. Some people will get sick and get rid of their Facebook pages, but I just think than there will always be a new group of people who create one.

3.) Transparency is such an important concept in the Social Media world because it "implies openness, communication, and accountability." We have all learned since we were little not to lie. That same lesson should be carried over to the social media world. Social media is a way for people and companies to represent themselves honestly and to build real and lasting relationships.

I think transparency is just as important in the offline world. When you lie most of the time you get caught. In life you have to build lasting relationships. This relationships can be with friends, family, and co-workers. I think all of these people play a part in you being successful in life. If you lie and are deceitful you burn bridges and than are forced to do it on your own.

Why is transparency so important in Social Media? | Social Media Blog by Michael Brito

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your views on facebook. I can tell you think about thinks more deeply than most..
    I do think you could back up your statements a bit more thoroughly..
    90

    ReplyDelete